Thursday, March 09, 2006

Reality Bites

I know. Weird name for a title, right? Well, at least I can score myself one for originality. Anyhoo......seeing as how I haven't posted in a few months, I thought I'd let loose on the things I like to do. One of those things is being a reality TV whore...(eeeek). I know, I know, I have definite views on reality telivision and yet somehow got myself suckered into the masses who watch (or videotape or TIVO them each and every week). The only two that really interest me are American Idol and America's Next Top Model. Gotta get my fix each and every week. It amazes me how these people rise up out of obscurity to become America's (and possibly even North America's, as I watch from my televison in small town Ontario, Canada) darlings. On Idol, my top pick has to be Paris Bennett. She is a little bundle of dynamite. I also enjoy seeing Kelly Pickler. You know you've got it made when your picture ends up in someone's blog (which I discovered a couple of days ago). Every time I see her, I just have to smile. She reminds me of Ellie Mae Clampett from The Beverley Hillbies fame making it into bigtown USA. Being unpretentious, real and knowing where she came from is going to carry her a long way in the competitiion.
On the guys side, I adore Kevin. He is just so cute and cuddly and makes geeks everywhere look sexy. I hope America keeps him around for a while. Elliot Yamin (I think that's his name, looks kind of Jewish) should go very far. He has an amazing singing voice though I don't know if he has the look they want for an Idol winner.
America's Next Top Model is so cool because of course Tyra Banks just inspires me so much. She encourages all of the girls to be true to themselves and I really admire that. If I was 20 years younger, I'd be jumping right in with the rest of them (Hardy Har Har). However, being Canadian, I don't think I'm eligible. Oh Well, there's always Canada's Next Top Model. YES, we did it again. Anything American's do, we (think) we can do better. Only time will tell of course. Anyway, that's all for now fellow bloggers. Until next time, be true to yourselves and ...yaddda, yadda, yadda.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home